International Shipping Ltd (ISL) is committed to providing and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment for all its employees, contractors and any other persons who may be affected by its activities.
ISL recognizes the fact that good health, safety and Environmental (HSE) management has positive benefits to the organisation and that commitment to a high level of safety makes good business sense. It also recognises that health and safety is an essential function, and must therefore continually improve, update and adapt to changes. Similarly, ISL must also do what is reasonable to avoid or to minimise any adverse environmental impacts from its activities and promote and adopt environmental sustainability initiatives. The successful implementation of this policy requires the full support and active co-operation of all employees and Management.
This statement applies to all premises and activities within the control of ISL. In order to achieve its HSE aim, ISL has the following objectives:
• To ensure the health, safety and welfare of all its employees and contractors.
• To safeguard the environment from the effects of ISL's activities.
• To comply with all relevant Legislation and appropriate standards.
• To ensure continual improvement and review with respect to HSE.
• To adequately communicate HSE throughout the company
• To ensure that employees, contractors and others are adequately informed of identified risks and where appropriate receive the relevant information, instruction, training and supervision.
• To make arrangements for co-ordination and co-operation regarding HSE, with other employers (clients) especially when sharing premises and getting involved in activities with persons working in other organizations.
• To identify hazards (the potential for harm), assess the risks (the likelihood of that harm being realized) and manage those risks.
• To maintain work equipment in a safe state and provide both safe systems of work and a safe working environment.
• To maintain arrangements for ensuring safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and equipment.
• To consult with employees and others on health, safety and environmental matters.
• To maintain a high level of safety during logistics of personnel.
• To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health.
• To maintain clear procedures for action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
• To encourage the development and maintenance of a positive attitude towards health, safety and Environment throughout the company.